Job Opportunities in BC Provincial Parks
Quality Recreation Ltd. is currently accepting resumes the 2018 season from couples and individuals for positions available in the South Okanagan-Boundary & North Island Region.
We are actively seeking applicants living in close proximity to Jewel Lake, Kettle River, Miracle Beach and Tribune Bay who may wish to join our team in 2018.
Provincial Parks in the South Okanagan-Boundary Region:
- Kettle River
- Gladstone (Texas Creek campground)
- Conkle Lake
- Jewel Lake
- Boundary Creek
- Johnstone Creek
- Christina Lake (day-use)
- Nancy Greene
- Vaseux Lake
Provincial Parks in the North Island Region:
- Miracle Beach
- Elk Falls
- Loveland Bay
- Morton Lake
- Smelt Bay
- Main Lake Marine
- Rebecca Spit (day-use)
- Tribune Bay (day-use)
- Helliwell (day-use)
- Mansons Landing (day-use)
- Boyle Point (day-use)
Park Operator and/or Park Host positions are well-suited for the semi-retired or retired couples who love people and working in the outdoors. Most positions require staff to begin onsite in May/June and last until early to late September, position dependent.
Quality Recreation is currently seeking Park Operators (full-time and part-time seasonal positions available for the 2018 camping season) and Park Hosts (full hookup and dry camping).
Park Operator Duties Include:
- Consistently Provide Exceptional Customer Service
- Security (Education and Enforcement)
- Fee Collection
- Site Cleaning/Maintenance
- Washroom Cleaning/Maintenance
- Garbage Collection
- Pruning and Area Maintenance
- Operating Power Equipment (lawn mowers, weed eaters, blowers, hedge trimmers, etc)
Applicants Must Submit:
- Resume (including references)
- Indicate which Park or Parks you are applying for. This must include your required level of service if wishing to live on site (ie:water, sewer, power, cell reception).
- Indicate what your planned accommodation will be while working (ie: size of RV, place of residence, proximity to worksite, etc)
- Indicate the Job Title of interest to you [ie: Park Manager, Park Operator (full or part time, on or off site), Park Host (paid or non-paid)]
- Indicate your availability (start and end date, full or part time)
- All Park Operators and Park Hosts wishing to live on site in a park must provide their own accommodation (RV). Some parks have water, power and sewer hookups while others have no services on site.
- All applicants must be bondable and able to pass a criminal record check that includes the section working with children and vulnerable people.
Quality Recreation Ltd. is also accepting applications for volunteer Park Hosts.